Friday, March 22, 2024

Blog Post #1

 Top 5 News and Information Sources

1. TikTok

TikTok - Showcase your products to ... My top news source is TikTok. I don't pay much attention to the news as much as I should but I will usually find a lot of my news and information sources on TikTok as they will appear on my "For You" page. Although I feel that most are not that reliable, there are some videos or content that are factual and true. Not only do I like TikTok for the content it produces, but I also like that it keeps me in check with things going on in the world. Although I know I should really pay attention to news to keep myself aware of the things happening around me and in the world today, but I don't, and TikTok, as bad as it sounds, is one of the few resources that provide me with information and news that's happening around the world. I really like using TikTok for news because I feel like it definitely draws me in more to a certain topic. As I said before, I usually am not a news person but seeing something on TikTok, especially relating to some informational news in the world, will catch my attention and allow me to research more than what I usually would if I didn't have TikTok as a news source. I strongly recommend using TikTok for a news source starter, especially for those that don't pay attention to news like me. Using TikTok will provide you with the basics of certain news, and in turn, that can allow you to research more on that one topic that interests you. 

2. Instagram

Designing a New Look for Instagram ... Instagram is a news source that comes very close to TikTok for me, in relation to news sources I use. Most huge news companies, I would say, have an Instagram account where they post about certain news topics. Some of these huge news sources include Fox News, NBC NewsCNN, and many others. These news sources shares important information with the world through graphics, writing posts, video content, etc. This really helps people, especially the younger generation who may not pay as much attention to the news happening in the world, as it is appealing to them with the graphics, images, and videos. These big companies are very successful with posting their news on Instagram as the platform allows them to link certain information to their page for people to use and learn more about what's going on in the world. For example, on CNN's Instagram page, they have their website linked in the bio, which helps people go straight to their website for more information on news posted on the Instagram page. Along with that, we know that this is reliable as it is a well-known company. Also, on their website, they include the posts that they have on their Instagram platform, which shows that their source is reliable on Instagram. This also helps their audience engagement a lot as it brings in more people to their page and the news they're posting since social media is very popular in our generation today, especially Instagram and TikTok. 

3. Google

Google - YouTube Google is one of the main sources I use for news as everything comes up on Google. I will usually find a numerous amount of website links that will give me trustful information. Although there are some links that I don't trust, there will be many websites that I will recognize. This will make me go through those websites and research what I'm looking for. I know I've said before that TikTok and Instagram are mainly where I go to find my news, but if I don't trust certain things posted on social media, I will go to Google and research more about the topic. Even if it is a news I trust from social media, I'd still go to Google right after to research more, especially if it's something that has caught my attention. Google is also a tool that everyone uses for everything, and it's something that we all know is a good source to use when we need to find information on something.

4. Websites

CNN - YouTube Websites are the next sources that I use for researching information, especially on news. I can obviously find these on Google, but the websites itself are the ones that provide me with the information that I am looking for. If I do use websites for news search, I would use CNN, NBC News, New York Times, and a couple others from time to time. These huge news companies fill their websites with detailed information on certain topics happening around the world and since they're also well-known companies, I fully trust the information and news that they're posting. 

5. News App

Along with websites, certain news app is something I trust when it comes to finding news information as it basically has the same features on their websites. Most news app like CNN, NBC, Fox News, etc., have apps that look exactly like their websites, or they have everything that they would from their websites in their apps, which is why I would also use specific news apps to find information on events happening in the world. Apple News is also something that I know my parents will use to find information on and they use it frequently, which will compel me to go on from time to time as I know it's useful and trustworthy. Also, most of the news included in the app, is from other news sources, which also makes it trustworthy for many people. 

Blog Post #11

  Final Blog Post     My relationship with technology and social media is equally distributed, in my opinion. There are times where I think ...